Mengo Archdeaconry on Saturday 21st September 2013, open a new church at Munyonyo Mulungu by the shores of Lake Victoria.
The Church is named St. Musa Mukasa Chapel, after the Martyr Musa Mukasa who was martyred at this very spot in 1886 by Kabaka Mwanga II of Buganda.
The maiden service was led by the Parish priest Rev. Abraham Muyinda assisted by Layreaders. The preacher of the day was Owek. Nelson Kawalya, the Speaker of Buganda Lukiiko (Buganda Kingdom Parliament) who is also the chairman head of laity Namirembe Diocese. The Archdeacon of Mengo Ven. John Gitta Kavuma witnessed the function together with priests from the Archdeaconry, the head of Laity for the archdeacon Mrs. Margaret Magumba, members of the Archdeaconry Council and christians of Munyonyo.
The Church was blessed by the Nigerian Bishop Rt. Rev. Samuel Ezeofor who called upon the members of the council to ensure that the gospel preached to all without discrimination
Owekitiibwa Kawalya encouraged the church to work hard towards make this place a place of worship and a tourist attraction site. He pledged to work hard to see that Mengo gets ownership of this place.